NDT Training Center at Jubail Industrial College is striving for a leading position in teaching and training of testing & inspection technology, and has broader future vision to be:
- The center for excellence and the preferred choice of NDT training in the Middle East.
- Viewed among the most reputable Technical and Industrial Training providers in the region.
- Accredited as a recognized Training Center & Authorized Examination Center by international institutions.
- Upgraded from a Center into a Department, bearing in mind the need to expand our training services of tailored courses & in-demand programs to the industrial community.
- Partnered with world-wide reputed companies to promote the latest technology in the field, in addition to offering advanced training programs to our clients.
The core mission of Jubail Industrial College is to be recognized as an institution of academic and training excellence and the preferred choice for technology education and training in the Kingdom.
NDT Training Center is ambitious to maintain the high quality of training thru:
- Ongoing upgrading of our state-of-the-art Labs setups & facilities.
- Customizing & upgrading of training programs modules to meet the needs of the national industries.
- Continual faculty development for adaptation of new inspection trends and superior quality of training.
The NDT center offers customized programs at various levels of certifications using the well-equipped facilities in the six conventional methods namely UT, RT, MT, PT, ET and VT. The training is aided by more than 300 flawed test specimens of plates, pipes, and T-joints for welding and forging. The training on Electromagnetic Testing and IRIS (ET, MFL, RFT & UT) for Tube Inspection using MS-5800 has also been incorporated and well received by the industries.
Training in advanced NDT methods such as Phased Array UT and TOFD are also available. The center is currently equipped with five sets of PAUT & TOFD Omniscan MX with scanner, encoder and other accessories.
The NDT Centre has also been granted authorization by the AWS, the American Welding Society to conduct AWS/CWI seminars and examinations since the beginning of 2010. The seminar serves as a sound refresher to welding inspection, particularly for practicing welding inspectors and anyone aspiring to be an AWS-Certified Welding Inspector. AWS-CWI Seminar is specifically addressed to welding inspectors of varied levels of background, and provides understanding of the critical job related to welding issues. Companies have heavily relied on the AWS certification in ensuring the highest level of quality workmanship. AWS-CWI provides the various duties and responsibilities of the welding inspectors before, during and after the welding.