Regulations for Transfer of Students to the College
A student is permitted to transfer from another institute to the College contingent upon capacity and according to the following regulations:
- The student must be a Saudi national or the son of a Saudi mother and has attained a general high school diploma (in Natural Sciences).
- The student must present original authenticated documents from the college or university he is transferring from. The aforementioned documents must specify the courses that the student studied along with his final grades in those courses. Also, the student must present an authentic document specifying his official student number issued to him for the academic year in which he studied at the institute.
- The language of instruction of the institute which the student is transferring from must be English and his cumulative average must not be less than 2.00 on a 4.00 scale or 2.75 on a 5.00 scale or its equivalent on other grading scales.
- The student must submit the transfer request at least four weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- The student should not have been discontinued from his studies from the university or college he is transferring from for over two semesters, nor should the student have been suspended or discontinued from his studies due to disciplinary or ethical reasons. If it is discovered subsequently that the student was suspended or discontinued from his studies due to the aforementioned reasons, then his acceptance to the JIC will be canceled.
- The student must attend placement exams or any other exams as determined by the College.
- Transfer applicants who have successfully completed the preparatory year program at the institute which they are transferring from will have their applications reviewed even if the applicant's cumulative GPA in his specialization program is less than 2.00. However, if the student whose GPA is less than 2.00 is accepted to the JIC, only the preparatory year will be credited.
- The applicant must produce the course syllabus for the courses in which he successfully passed obtaining a minimum grade of 'C'.
- The transfer student who wishes to enter into a specialization at the JIC must have successfully completed English 1, English 2, and Math courses or their equivalents in addition to obtaining the requisite final grade averages in each course as determined by the JIC.