Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) And Students Outcomes (SOs)
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Apply knowledge and develop skills to work effectively as productive chemical engineers.
- Purse advanced knowledge, research and development, and new technologies in chemical engineering.
- Enhance self-confidence, and ability to make proper decisions.
- Work and communicate proficiently in order to develop practical effective solutions.
Student Outcomes (SOs):
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Copyright © 2014 JIC All rights reserved