Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the ENGL Program will be expected to:
Integrate knowledge and skills necessary to work effectively in their chosen profession;
Apply their knowledge and skills in the English language, literature, teaching, translation, and writing creatively, taking into consideration the differences in cultural context;
Demonstrate self-confidence, ability to make proper decisions, and effective communication;
Pursue lifelong learning and continuing education.
Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Define theories, concepts and discourse features relevant to English Language;
- Identify strategies, translation techniques, and language skills necessary to become competent learners;
- Compose oral and written discourse in both English and Arabic Languages considering culture-specific features;
- Evaluate speeches, literary texts, language, and linguistic features;
- Apply appropriate strategies into different contexts, such as, teaching and learning, research writing, and professional development;
- Show responsibility, ethical behavior, and cultural sensitivity;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in academic and professional environments;
- Use computer software and information technology efficiently for language learning and translation;
- Employ adept kinesthetic regulation for simultaneous language transfer and adequate articulation.