The Directorate of Civil Defense in Eastern Region – Dammam invited Fire Safety group of Jubail Industrial College on May 29, 2017 to discuss possible collaborations for fire safety certification programs and courses offered by JIC.
The meeting was attended by high officials from Civil defense. A detailed presentation was given about all Fire & Safety certification programs and courses offered by JIC along with NFPA and NICET certifications and following were mutually agreed with civil defense.
- Civil defense will arrange meeting of Fire safety group from JIC to meet with SFPE (Society of Fire Protection Engineers) KSA to discuss further technical requirements and collaboration areas with JIC, SFPE and Civil Defense
- Civil defense will authorize JIC as one of its authorized training center and will direct all clients to pursue Fire safety engineering certification programs offered by JIC as pre-commissioning qualification requirement
- Collaboration for Internships program for JIC students at Civil Defense and community services.
- JIC will offer Advance studies and academic research to civil defense in the field of Fire prevention & Safety.
- JIC and Civil defense will work together for a Memorandum of Understanding between the Royal Commission & Civil Defense that will include all areas of collaborations between both entities in long term.