Registration will take place at the beginning of each scholastic semester and according to the academic calendar of the academic year.
- The allowed course load for a specialization students is (12 -15) credit hours if their GPA less than (2.00) during a regular semester. And (15 -18) credit hours for the students their GPA (2.00) and above.
- The maximum course load for the summer session is 9 credit hours.
- A part-time student may register 6 credit hours during the Preparatory Year and 6 credit hours as a minimum for the regular semester for specialization courses and (12) credit maximum.
- Upon the approval of the chairman of the department, the minimum course load of the part-time student may be reduced.
- Part-time students in BS program:
- The students may register in three evening courses to maximum eleven credits and for minimum six credits.
- Those who wish to enroll in further courses can do so in 'day courses' only; however, the total credits registered including those in the evening will not exceed twelve credits and admission to a 'day course' will depend on the availability of the course after regular students have been admitted to it.
- Registration to the Senior Project will be made in the last semester of the student's program in the college.
- All part-time BS students will be allowed to register a course plus the Senior Project in a regular semester.
- Any part-time student who requires Senior Project plus two other courses to complete, leaving only coop for graduation, will get all the remaining courses in a regular semester
- There is no minimum course load for the summer session .
Course Load Exceptions
A prospective graduate and an outstanding student whose cumulative GPA is more than 3.00, will be allowed to add up to 3 more credit hours to the maximum allowed number of hours provided that registration is not made in more than two levels. The course load for a student whose cumulative GPA is below 2.00 must not exceed 15 credit hours for the regular semester.