|No.||Student Outcomes ||Performance Indicators|
|A||an ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined engineering technology activities; |
- Select appropriate techniques and tools for a specific task in manufacturing engineering technology.
- Use computer-based and other resources effectively in assignments and projects.
|B||an ability to apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge; |
- Apply basic mathematical knowledge to solve basic problems.
- Apply principles of physics to solve simple practical problems in the field of manufacturing engineering technology.
- Apply principles of general chemistry to solve simple practical problems in the field of manufacturing engineering technology.
|C||an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, and to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; |
- Demonstrate good Laboratory practices.
- Identify, select and use appropriate equipment/apparatus/specimen/device for a specific experiment.
- Configure set-up, perform measurements, relate parameters and explain system operation
|D||an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team; |
- Recognize and perform his role in a team.
- Integrate input from all team members to solve problems.
- Show respect for his teammates.
|E||an ability to identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems; |
- Identify and describe basic problems.
- Analyze problem constraints.
- Recognize standard procedures.
- Manage information and solve basic problems
|F||an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature; |
- Listen carefully and respond to questions appropriately.
- Use appropriate graphics in oral and written communications.
- Use mechanics and grammar appropriately.
- Paraphrase technical and non-technical literature satisfactorily.
|G||an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;|
- Acknowledge the importance of professional development.
- Show initiative, interest, and get involved in learning about specialty- related subjects.
|H|| an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity; and |
- Know code of ethics for the profession.
- Recognize the influence his profession has on the community.
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards faculty and peers.
- Show awareness for diverse ideas and cultural differences.
|I||a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.|
- Identify the quality requirements for a specific task.
- Develop a plan to conduct a specific task within a given timeframe.
- Identify weaknesses and take appropriate actions for improvement.